Ph.D. PROGRAMME AT SRI BALAJI UNIVERSITY, PUNE
Categories of Ph.D. Candidates
Golden Opportunity For Career Advancement For Fresh Post Graduates In Management
This program is for the young, fresh Management graduates having Post – Graduate degree (MBA / MMS or equivalent) or Diploma (PGDM) holders having their Post – Graduation approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
This program is normally to be completed in 3 (three) years. After clearing the PhD Entrance Test (SBUP PET), which will be conducted by SBUP, the successful candidates will be offered a fellowship. This fellowship would be Rs. 25,000/- (Rs. Twenty Five Thousand) per month, besides an annual contingency grant of Rs. 30,000/- (Rs. Thirty Thousand) will be granted for attending conferences etc. These scholars will be working full time for their research program. During this period, they will assist the Senior faculty in conducting their regular lectures at SBUP, beside continuing their research. These scholars may be offered suitable positions in the University after completing their Doctoral degree (PhD).
The candidates who are already Post Graduates with some Industrial or Academic experience or the candidates who are expected to complete their Post-Graduation by August 2020, can also apply.
- Industry sponsored Ph.D. scholars : It is imperative that the corporate leaders who have to deal / delve and resolve the practical problem of the industry should be encouraged and provided opportunities to undertake Ph.D. studies on major issues comforting them professionally. It will automatically promote industry-academia collaboration which is the need of the hour, flexibility where necessary will be catered for without compromising the cardinal principles of Ph.D. studies. This will also directly contribute the delivery of post-doctorate deliberations thereby increasing the richness / validity / relevance to academics as well as problem solving exercise in the industry globally. However, making a separate group for industry-sponsored Ph.D. scholars does not mean any compromise on rules and regulations studying under SBUP.
- Scholars from educational institutes : Research scholars who hold full-time jobs in educational institutes and are permitted by their respective organisations to pursue their Ph.D. with SBUP may join as part-time research scholars. These candidates will pursue research under the supervision of SBUP’s Ph.D. supervisor and complete the mandatory credit requirements as laid down for course work. These candidates will follow all the rules and the regulations of the Ph.D. programme in letter and spirit.
- However, the employer of such candidates should ensure to relieve the candidate to complete the course work. Also, a no-objection certificate must be submitted from his / her employer.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO PH.D. PROGRAMME
Subject to the conditions stipulated in these Regulations, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme :
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master's degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the policy of Government of Maharashtra from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- In order to ensure that the utility-based research undertaken by experienced corporate managers with minimum service of 15 years in the various domain areas / specialisations in management, like Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Business Economics, International Business, Information Technology etc., a new batch of corporate researchers will be formed. The co-supervisors for these corporate researchers will also be from Industries. This will be a unique and novel experience in the corporate research field. The mode of conduct of the doctoral research program and the related course work will also be modified wherever necessary, for example, the corporate leaders need not frequently come to the college but our faculties will be visiting cities where the number of registered corporate researchers is more.
- For the candidates working in organisations and applying as part-time external candidate will have to submit a consent letter from the respective organization.
- The candidates who are fellow members of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), and Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI), having five years of professional experience are also eligible. However, they must have scored 55% marks at the graduations.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
- A researcher registered for the Ph.D. programme can submit his/her thesis after two years, after the completion of course work. The registration will remain valid for a maximum period of 5 years. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of five years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statutes / Ordinances of Sri Balaji University, Pune
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of one year for Ph.D. in the maximum duration.
- Sri Balaji University, Pune shall admit Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test (SBUP - PET) conducted at the level of the University. The University may decide separate terms and conditions for Ph.D. Entrance Test for those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SET / GATE / teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme.
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- Students who will clear the entrance test will be called for interview / viva-voce.
- An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the constituent Institutes / Departments of SBPU
- Please read the form carefully and ensure all the fields are filled properly.
- Fields marked * are mandatory.
- Please ensure to upload the necessary self-attested copies of certificates as required.
- Online payment of Rs. 1,500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred only) toward application fee is non-refundable.
- Based on the online application form with uploaded documents, the SBUP office will inform you regarding your eligibility for appearing for the SBUP-PET examination.
- Upon confirmation of eligibility for appearing SBUP-PET examination, online payment of Rs. 3,500/- (Rupees Three Thousand Five Hundred only) be made.
- After receipt of the exam fee for appearing to SBUP-PET examination, the admit card will be made available online.