Eligibility for MBA
A candidate who meets the following admission criteria can apply to Sri Balaji University for the MBA program of his/her choice. A candidate desirous of admission to the MBA program should :
- Be a graduate from a UGC recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category).
- Students currently in the final year of their graduation and confident of securing a minimum of 50% aggregate marks may also apply for the MBA courses. The admission committee may give more weightage to higher marks in graduation.
- It is imperative that the candidate should have taken at least one exam out of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT or MH-CET. MAT exams held after in Sep 2019 to Mar 2020 will be considered for admission to the academic year 2020-22. We believe that true talent cannot be judged on the basis of the score granted by any entrance exam. Hence, we do not have a cut-off score below which if the candidate scores cannot apply to the program.
- For joining the Executive Batch, the applicant should have a minimum of 2 years of industry experience, as a full-time employee in a Company and should be able to support that with relevant documents.
- Students seeking admission in MBA Telecom (specialisation in Telecom/ Systems*/Business Analytics/Operations & Supply Chain Management) should be Engineers with specialization in Electronics/E&TC/Telecommunications/Computer Science/Information Technology/Instrumentation/Electrical/Mechanical.
- For students seeking admission in MBA program for specialisation in Finance, the preferred educational qualification is commerce. Students from other science streams are discouraged. However, for Marketing specialisation in a MBA program, students from any discipline can apply.
As a socially conscious university, we believe in the upliftment of women. Hence we ensure 50% of the intake of the students goes to female candidates and the remaining 50% goes to male candidates. In order to cater to the same, merit will be drawn separately for female & male candidates.